Thursday, June 1

What Sarah Said - Death Cab For Cutie

and it came to me then, that every plan, is a tiny prayer to father time.
as i started at my shoes, in the ICU, the reeked of piss and 409.
and i rationed my breaths, as i said to myself, that i'd already taken too much today.
as each descending peak, on the LCD, took you a little farther away from me.
away from me...

amongst the wending machines, and year-old magazines, in a place where we only say goodbye.
it stung like a violent wind, that our memories depend, on a faulty camera in our minds.
but i knew that you were a truth, I would rather lose, than to have never laid beside at all.
and i looked around, at all the eyes on the ground, as the TV entertained itself.

'cause there's no comfort in the waiting room,
just nervous pacers, bracing for bad news.
and then the nurse comes round, and everyone'll lift their heads
but i'm thinking of what sarah said...

... that "love is watching someone die"...

so who's going to watch you die...?

so who's going to watch you die...?

so who's going to watch you die...?

so who's going to watch you die...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home