Tuesday, May 22

he walked to meet me on mark, perfectly playing his own part, while i squirmed inside my shoes, the ones i wasn't meant to wear. he said "hello" and i said "hello" and he asked "how are you?" so i wondered and i tried to think, but i had forgot my lines again. and the people in wings, screaming words that weren't mine, "I'm fine, how are you?""I'm fine, how are you?!" but i don't feel so fine. followed by scripted small talk, that i can't stand in real life, but maybe this is real life, maybe this is what life's like. "well I'll catch you later" he said, after nothing was really said at all, "i really hope you catch me" i said "because i know i'm going to fall". i should have said the right lines, i should have told the nice lie, the people in the wings sneered, but he smiled and understood. "i don't feel fine either" he whispered and suddenly his shoes changed, we fled the stage labeled "life" and ran out into the world.

it was going to be a song, so maybe if you sing it, it'll sound nicer, unless you don't like your singing voice. but you probably do and just don't know it yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Indeterminacy said...

That was so fantastic! Allegorical. Meaningful. And Surreal.

P.S. Take me with you! Don't leave me behind in this theater!

6:07 am, May 27, 2007  
Blogger Frances bo bancess said...

*grabs indie's hand* come on then!

6:18 pm, May 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home