Saturday, November 10

at work we're positioned a-shop-away from an entrance and have a huge-ass sky-light (which is at the moment slight obscured by christmas decorations. they were put up in october, "a little bit shiny, a little bit of an eyesore and a little bit early") so we are quite aware of the weather outside. we are also very aware that we are stuck inside. now i don't embrace the summer elements very well, but that is no reason to stop me from getting annoyed when people come in glorifying the weather and then the occasional telling me to "think of the money" if i was to feel down about missing out. today i was serving a regular customer, an incredibly kind lady, and conversation drifted to the weather. as much as the topic irks me, it's easy to talk about and it's uncomfortable not making conversation with someone you see every week. so i said i'd much rather the rain and cooler weather, in which she replied (in good humour) that they'd (the men in the white coats i presume) probably take me away one day. of all the things the white-coated men could take me away for, they'd do it over something like weather preference? the weather unnaturally annoys me, but i don't think that's something to be locked up for. maybe i could become a seasonal traveler and escape to the northern hemisphere every summer, or tasmania, then they'd have to chase me and if they caught me they'd see me as a reasonable and sane young lass as i wouldn't be suffering from summer stress. horray!
what would the white-coats chase you across the world for?

4 Comments:

Blogger shiny said...

Oh yeah, summer's on it's way - it's going to be 39 today in Perth, ick.
I was in a taxi rank and boozed as a mule on Saturday night when I happened upon a fellow named Brad. I proceeded to repeat "Brad, Janet, Brad, Janet" Rocky Horror style at him but sadly he had no idea what I was on about. I think that's well and truly white coat time. I still maintain it's hilarious but no-one has a sense of humour any more, which probably makes it worse.

11:04 am, November 12, 2007  
Blogger Frances bo bancess said...

"Brad, Janet, Dr Scott, Rocky!"

but it IS hilarious

4:32 pm, November 12, 2007  
Blogger shiny said...

See, it's not just me. Or maybe it's both of us? Nah. Just everyone else. Rocky Horror is fantastic.

11:24 pm, November 12, 2007  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

They caught me once already.

1:05 pm, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home